Before purchasing a Weimaraner puppy, it is crucial and necessary to understand the associated costs of owning such a dog.
Normally, a Weimaraner breed dog is expensive, both in its acquisition and in all future expenses for its needs. Maintenance or annual cost is often overlooked when determining the real cost of owning a Weimaraner puppy.
First of all, you have to calculate your budget. You should ensure that you are knowledgeable regarding the following:
- Price of canine food, especially if you will buy prepared food for a Weimaraner puppy.
- Deworming. This is essential.
- Dental care. It is essential that you make expenses in your puppy’s dental hygiene. Through this, you will avoid that it will suffer from dental diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis in the future.
- Vaccines. They are very important since you will need to give it preventive injections when you acquire your Weimaraner puppy.
- Flea control. Many people often buy flea collars for Weimaraner puppies.
- Visits to the vet. That will be one of the most significant expenses that you should take into account when acquiring a Weimaraner puppy since monthly checkups with its veterinarian are important.
- Spay or neuter fees. Of course, this will depend on whether your puppy is female or male.
- Dog grooming products. The purchase of shampoos and perfumes are essential when bathing your puppy. It should be cleaned every six to eight weeks and brushed every 7 days.
- Training and supplies (necklace, leash, box, bed, bowls, bones, clothing, and toys).
- Health expenses. The Weimaraner is a dog that suffers from many diseases and conditions such as hip dysplasia, cryptorchidism, infections (ears, eyes, and teeth), stomach torsion, entropion, and third eyelid disorders. That is why you have to prepare financially well.
All of these items mentioned above can add up quickly, so you should have at least $ 500 – $ 2,000 or more during your puppy’s first year. After a year, the expenses will circulate around $ 500 – $ 1,000 or more, since, during all that time, you will know the real needs and tastes that your Weimaraner puppy has, and you will only buy what is necessary.
How Much Does a Weimaraner Puppy Cost?
Weimaraner puppies are absolutely cute and adorable but don’t be fooled by their charms, as these little animals are often very expensive to acquire and maintain.
The estimated price of a puppy of this breed is around $ 700 – $ 800, being an average price. On the other hand, when you want to adopt a high-quality Weimaraner puppy, the price ranges from $ 1,500 to $ 7,800.
Actually, the price of a Weimaraner varies depending on its origins, age and gender. An exemplary pedigree puppy can cost $ 14,000 to $ 18,000. On the other hand, Weimaraner dog lineages that have been awarded great competitions throughout their lives can cost more than $ 20,000.