If your Vizsla doesn’t want to eat, don’t despair. When this type of dog shows no interest in eating it may be due to various circumstances or conditions that the dog is presenting. However, it can also be due to a simple and boring diet.
One of the reasons for your Vizsla to stop eating may be due to the following:
A Vizsla Change of Routine
A Change of Routine can annoy many dogs and cause them to stop eating. If you change several things around you, it is very likely that your pet will lose interest in eating.
Your Vizsla will lose the desire to eat if you change things in your life, such as:
- The time you feed it.
- The time it goes out for a walk with you or with its canine friends.
- The time it goes potty.
- Adding a new member to the family can easily make your Vizsla stop eating. That means that the Vizsla can feel uncomfortable and strange with the presence of another member in its social circle.
- Take a family or business vacation.
- Moving to a new home.
That is all because dogs like routine and anything they are unfamiliar with can cause them to stop eating, at least temporarily, until they feel safe again.
Vizsla: Behavior problems
Problems are not always caused by your Vizsla (the one with the problem). If you have another pet in your home, your dog could be reacting negatively to that pet.
There are cases where if your Vizsla is not eating, it could be because another dog is stealing its food or growling at it while it eats. On the other hand, dogs stop eating when another pet is eating next to them. It may prefer to eat alone so you can take your time.
Other reasons Vizslas stop eating are:
- Always eat the same thing. It is true that dogs love routines and do not like changes, but when it comes to food, it is different. It is sometimes recommended to offer natural, safe and healthy food for your Vizsla. It is necessary to vary the food to maintain a balanced diet.
- The Vizsla may be suffering from a condition that prevents it from wanting to eat.
- These dogs are very sensitive and sentimental beings. Moods such as sadness, depression, anxiety or phobias can cause your dog to lose its appetite.
- Pains in the mouth, teeth or throat are conditions that make your Vizsla dog stop eating. Internal and external pains are limiting for your pet, and its appetite. That is why you should treat it immediately if it has such problems.
- There are several diseases that can make your Vizsla dog refuse to eat. Some of these diseases are parvovirus, distemper, leptospirosis and parasite problems.